A very well designed and precision robotics xArm - Great for educational and fun applications.

A very well designed and precision robotics arm - Great for educational and fun applications.



Repost Via:amazon  @BobN2Tech
Source Link:   https://amzn.to/2KqLaCj

This was my first experience with a robotic device. I wanted to see how versatile this product could perform. I first used the PC software that was downloaded from Lewansoul, which allowed me to "program" each of the servo's positions and action time. They call this "action groups". You can move the arm to a specific position either manually or using their software, and have it read the angle which puts a value of each of the 6 servo positions as an entry into a table. The table then is used like a program, starting from the first row downward executing each action with a specific time you set. It actually works quite well, and is somewhat precise in positioning the arm repeated times. Each servo has a precision of 0.24 degrees. If you do the geometry calculation, the variance at the full arm's length (approx 14") comes out about 0.058" or about 147 microns. For individual joints, at a distance of 1", results in an accuracy of 0.004" (or 10 microns). With this type of precision, you can do some fun experiments. I had it pick up a washer and had it drop it on a bolt. I could not take a nut and put it on a bolt, though I could have it thread the nut if it was on the bolt. I also had it "mix" a drink by picking up various plastic cups and pouring them into a glass, then shake the glass. I next hooked it up to a Arduino board and wanted to use the arm's controller for secondary programming. After some initial communications issues, which were fixed by Lewansoul providing the correct library for the Arduino sketch program, I was able to have it do some maneuvers and call stored action groups that were downloaded to the controller board from the PC software.

As this is a new product for Lewansoul, I found it missing some documentation on the assembly instructions and certain feature operations, and after contacting their support, provided me with what I needed to know. It took me about 4 hours to build the X-arm. Much of the time was sorting out the numerous screws and while they have an excellent animated video showing how to construct the arm, I found myself trying to figure out what metric screw size was what in the kit. They should have a picture of each screw size, so you can match it up to the size you use for the assembly. The component list was incomplete, and it took a while to figure out where everything belongs. Aside from that, the assembly went quite well.
In the video's, you'll see I put some soft putty on the edge of the grabber, so it does not slip out of the grasp. Also, if the servo tightens too much with bare metal, for some reason the servo does not want to release the grip.



Thank you @BobN2Tech so much for the great and detail profeesional review on amazon, if anyone interested in reviewing our item if your facebook/reddit/youtebe have huge fans, just email us :  info@hiwonder.com , we will replay as soon as possible.

more detail:   Hiwonder Website






评论

此博客中的热门博文

Qdee: Teach kids everything about robot and coding

Dancing Humanoid Robot by Hiwonder